Wednesday, May 18, 2016

I have breast cancer.

Dear friends and family,

Jase and I wanted you to know—especially since my life will be dramatically different for the next six months.

Since I’m trying to manage all my communications, I’ve created this blog, My Evil Tit.

I know. It was Jase’s idea. We couldn’t believe that nobody had already taken it. And it’s easy to remember. 

I’ve already received so many loving and encouraging text messages and emails. Please don’t stop. I LOVE those. However if you can, leave your words of support on the blog. I’m trying to clear up my cell phone for all my doctor communications and I’m using my email for everyday work stuff. The best way for me to read and reply to your messages will be on the blog. And subsequently, I’ll be able to text or email you when necessary.

Finally, please don’t tell your kids anything until Nigel knows. We’re going to talk to him on Monday—this weekend he’s busy with many fun activities and we want to keep it that way. Fun. 

Onward.

11 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this. I have friends who have happy healthy lives after this diagnosis. Incoming Ainsworth parent Molly Linquist survived and started a crowd-funding site for medical research called Consano. Please let me know if I can help with driving, meals, etc. Much love to you and your family. - Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise - I have typed and erased a bunch of curse words. I am here for you and family. I know you will have to be so brave, please count on me as a friend to be there when you are feeling that might be hard to do alone. You are an amazing, creative and resourceful person. I'm sad you have to face this, but I know your strength. You've got tons of it. Huge hugs. Denni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise, you've been on my mind every day since our book group meeting. You're surrounded with lots of people who care deeply for you, Jason, and Nigel.
    You're not alone. We're here for you. Much love, yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise- I am saddened and shocked by this news. Sending big hugs your way. We are here for you and know you are in our thoughts.
    Love, Shana

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry Denise. We are available to help with Nigel anytime. You are strong and resilient to make this fight. Out thoughts and prayers are with your family. Please reach out for any help. Love, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fuck cancer! I love your blog url, it's so perfectly you, Jase knows you so well. In the times ahead, whatever they may bring, I am here. Even if it's 2am and I am sick as a dog, I'm here. I hope my voice ads strength when you need it, even if you didn't know that was what you needed. I adore you and no matter what happens I know we all can and will support you and your family through it, zero doubt you will make it through this. Cancer is a solo journey you travel with all the support you can imagine and then some. Gobs and gobs of love. -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for creating this blog so we can be with you through this journey. We love you, Denise. You are in our hearts and thoughts. Lucie & Art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Argh! Sorry for the news, the stress, the fucking cancer. You, Jason and Nigel are in our thoughts. Hope to see you and give you a big hug very soon. Tom & Keri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Denise, I am so sorry to hear this news.....please know that you are in my thoughts and if we can do anything at all, please message me. Sending a giant hug. Warmly, Eleanor Gil-Kashiwabara

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Denise, if there is anyone who will tackle this challenge with grace and style, it's you. Hugs from Texas. Wade

    ReplyDelete