Saturday, June 18, 2016

We are still walking a tightrope.

Nigel's 103 degree fever continues, and he will still be contagious until he is fever-free for 24 hours.

One of the grandmas took Nigel to his pediatrician yesterday. He has a double ear infection and most likely some god-awful virus due to his aches and nausea. Might as well have thrown him into a den of daycare kids. In fact, the last time Nigel was this sick was when he was two and a half years old and our playgroup was at the Burger King playground. A van of daycare kids arrived and turned the place into Soddom and Gomorrah--which was fun for everyone. We all like a good party. And toddler nihilism is entertaining when they're not yours. But the next day was like a waking up to a bad hangover.

When you consider that on the day I was diagnosed with breast cancer, a driver--thinking she was on a two-way street--suddenly tried to make a left turn in front of me (I had to slam the brakes, lay on the horn and our cars did indeed kiss; both of us too shaken up to do anything but continue driving forward), and then the following day my car was actually totaled while I was in it (yes, yes I'll get to this story soon), I've come to one conclusion: somebody or something is trying to take me out.

But I feel great! I'm out of my chemo tunnel and have a surge of energy and euphoria. And perhaps testosterone. My face has completely broken out. I feel the need to do a pull-up. I'm playing rap music in my head (I blame that tech who played gansta rap during my bone scan because I've never been a rap kind of girl). I also know that once my pelvis gets the green light and after Jason has collapsed on our bed with a cold compress on his eyes, fatigued from a full day of nurturing and caregiving, I'm going to pounce and say, "YOU BROUGHT THIS ON YOURSELF!!!"

I don't know what's chemo and what's menopause. It will get sorted out eventually. But right now, it's a total rush.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, is that why there's a new car out front?? Glad you seem to be okay from the car accident! Hope Nigel recovers soon, how awful that this had to happen just as you started chemo.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete