Monday, August 1, 2016

This is the last

conversation I had at my gyn onc's office a month ago:


"So you have a stitch inside of you."

"A stitch inside of me?"

"Yes, to seal everything after we removed your cervix."

"You removed my cervix???!!!"

"We had to destroy it to in order to get to your uterus and ovaries."

"So now I'm just a big giant hole."

"More like a dead end."

(silence)

"You won't notice a difference."


Fucking robot.


And speaking of, here's the latest project made by Nigel and a friend:


It's a robot.

When we traveled to Tokyo, I had bought some Japanese paper crafts at Kiddieland in Harajuku. These robots are quite clever to make, but the majority of American kids haven't grown up practicing origami and other delicate paper crafts that require extreme fine motor skills. As their fingers fumbled with the paper, the boys complained excessively. They said that making these robots was worse than getting grounded. They nearly gave up. And then when the final piece was added, they had a change of heart. Nigel said it was well worth it, and he's inspired to make more.

I have an appointment with my gyn onc tomorrow. I don't know if a human or a robot will remove that stitch deep inside of me. Whoever or whatever it is, I swear to god they are going to have to have some serious fine motor skills. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. It would all be easier mentally if they didn't explain everything in such detail and make you start imagining it, right? On the plus side for you, no more periods! Hugs, I bet these doctors (or robots) know exactly what they're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs.Denise!Thinking of you. Hope it all went well. Sasha used ro be a HUGE origami fan. For a few years, all.she asked for presents were origami kits. Those paper robots look AWESOME!
    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete