Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Infusion 15

My neutrophils had increased to 1,100, so I was able to receive a combo carbopatin/taxol treatment. Normally, the carbo/taxol is administered at the beginning of each cycle, but this was in the middle of cycle eight, my final cycle (landing the chemo plane means that treatments can be shuffled around). My oncologist also reduced the amount of carboplatin for a second time, so my dosage was much lower than the previously reduced amount. This was my final infusion of the terrible drug. Sayonara, carboplatin! 

Infusion 15 was special because it was two days before my birthday. Normally I don’t celebrate my birthday, but considering that you only live once (as if I need a reminder), I decided to give back. I ordered a very delicious cake from a very delicious place and invited all my friends who have been instrumental in making this cancer clusterfuck a little easier. I figured five people would show up in the middle of the day at a pretty awful venue, but there ended up being 14 of us. Thankfully, one of the private infusion rooms was available. Everyone got a hearty slice of cake, and I partied on Benadryl (See Benadryl Face below. And why is it that a bald head is so stark in photos? In case you didn't notice: HERE'S MY HEAD).

In addition to receiving some very beautiful and thoughtful gifts (friends, we need to talk; I was supposed to give back to YOU), I also had a private viewing of another naked boyfriend photo. Awesome!

I was nearing the end! One more infusion to go!


Happy 46th to me.






















No comments:

Post a Comment